Shut up, you are beautiful.: Lie To Me
I love you. I love you. I love you.
Those are the three words I’ve been throwing at you for the past two years and all I want you to do is one thing. I want you to tell me that you love me, too. Whisper it softly in my ear like lovers do in romance films with picture perfect storybook endings….
Anna, I know what that feels like. I’m not sure what you’re going through but you need to text me sometime. I was just going through a lot of what you described. It’s really painful, I know, but I’m always here to talk to you or if you need someone to vent to I don’t judge.
I love you.
Things that were promised but I never received:
- A blackout poem
- A song
- 1 sleepover in my new apartment
Things I just never got in general:
- openness and honesty
- to know the person closest to me
- a chance
- time to heal
- time to understand what I put the people around me through
- being loved in return
Things I got and would never trade for the world:
- The deepest emotions I have ever had for a significant other
- Some of the happiest months of my life
- Loving acts. I may never know if I was loved, but I am so thankful for how the feelings were expressed
- an occasional cheer up
- so many smiles
- late nights at waffle house
- late nights at Rocky Horror
- Adventures around the city
- Experiencing new things with the person I loved
Looking back, I am happy with what I had, I’m just not happy with what it was.